Email Marketing with Instant Mailing Lists
A Typical Scenario:
You’ve got a product or a service that you wish to promote but you’ve not been actively ‘list building’ and have not focused on email blasts to your customers. You’ve been relying on existing customers, print and online advertising to promote your business. You’ve noticed a remarkable decrease in conversions using Pay-Per-Click advertising but rising costs to find those all important key-words.
Well, there’s another alternative marketing technique that can bring your business measurable results. Purchase an Email Opt-In list from a reputable and affordable data firm.
A leading source for email lists including: opt in email list, business email list, email lists for sale, consumer mailing lists, realtor list, sales leads & email marketing software. To remain competitive in a constantly changing market, reaching consumers directly is essential for any business. At Browserweb, we recommend Data Depot. They are affordable and can tailor a list to your specific demographics which is essential in a successful email marketing campaign.
Data Depot’s services encompass many aspects of the direct marketing spectrum including data scrubbing, data sources and custom lists. In addition, they have compiled an exhaustive collection of buy sales leads along with an impressive business address directory. Their opt-in email lists are of great quality in our experience.
So now you’ve purchased your custom list, what next?
You just have to set it up correctly and within compliance of the rules of CAN-SPAM act. Spamming is hated by every business and individual including us so you have to make sure your email blast has clear disclosure:
- It bans header information that is false or misleading. Your email’s sender, recipient and routing information which includes the originating domain name and email address must be accurate and explicitly identify the person who initiated the email.
- It prohibits false subject lines.The subject line cannot mislead the recipient about the contents or subject matter of the message.
- It requires that you give your recipients an opt-out method. You must provide a return email address or another Internet-based response mechanism allowing email recipients to ask you not to send future email messages.
- WARNING:You must honor the requests. You may create a “menu” of choices to allow a recipient to opt out of certain types of messages, but you must include the option to end any commercial messages from the sender.
- Any opt-out mechanism you offer must have the ability to process opt-out requests for at least 30 days after the commercial email is sent. When you receive an opt-out request, the law gives you 10 business days to stop sending email to the recipient who sent the request. You cannot help another business entity send email to that address or have them send commercial email on your behalf.
- NOTE:You cannot help another entity send email to that address, or have another entity send email on your behalf to that address.
- It is illegal to sell or transfer the email addresses of recipients who choose not to receive your email, even in the form of a mailing list, unless you transfer the addresses so another entity complies with the law.
- Commercial email must be identified as an advertisement and include the sender’s valid physical postal address. The message must contain a clear notice that the message is an advertisement and the recipient can opt out of receiving more commercial email from you.
There are many web based companies like Constant Contact, AWeber and Vertical Response that charge a monthly subscription to send out newsletters. They have great tracking tools and email templates for the newbie to use.
When we setup an email campaign for a customer, we generally use PHPList which is an open-source solution. In other words, it does not cost at all to purchase and has all of the necessary features required to do the job.
Next, import the purchased email list (which you have downloaded in zip format) into the PHPList database. Then you should setup a cron job to ‘throttle’ your emails. What this basically does is send out a batch of emails hourly (automatically). What’s really important here is to talk to your web host and find out how many emails you can send daily (SMTP Relay). The number may be very small and you’ll have to apply to your web host for an increase to suit your requirements.
So 30,000 per day max (1,250 per hour) is what we generally recommend. That’s still a whole lot of emails!
Now when you buy these large lists we recommend you ‘slow release‘ to the list so you can adequately track conversions, opt-outs and see if your newsletter is actually working. If it’s not, then you should try adjusting your email newsletter and again record and track how the revised newsletter is compares to the original newsletter.
As stated, you may need to try several styles of design to find out which one(s) work best for your product or service. Browserweb.com can provide you with a full design and marketing service for your email marketing needs.