NEW HIRE OR NEW CUSTOMER, THE SAME PRINCIPLE APPLIES
Providing a “live web chat” messenger is not news. It’s been around for many years. However, unless you’ve got considerable traffic to your online website(s) that justified you or a staff member to be available online constantly, then it’s unlikely to be something you really wish to add to your “to-do” list. However, this has recently changed – materially so. The digital world has expanded this single web application into a full-scale “onboarding journey”.
The easiest way I can express this new system is based on the following analogy. Onboarding is a term usually associated with human resource management and new hire induction. However, this term has, for all intense purposes, been “hijacked” by digital marketers. The assumed premise is that we want to be as social and friendly to our website visitors eg. prospects and clients, as we are with that new hire that has all the credentials you want for the job. In order to attract the best talent, you make every effort to ensure they wish to (a) take the job offer and (b) have a great first impression of your company (c) stay with the company for a long time.
The same principles can be applied in the realm of digital prospecting today. “Onboard the prospect” is really starting to impact how we do business online. So let’s take a deeper look at “onboarding” and what it can do for your bottom line. We also wish to curb current subscriber or customer attrition, improve new leads and conversion and ultimately have clients and customers with long term retention rates.
WEB CHAT WITH PREMIUM ADD-ONS
With the modern messenger, it comes with shiny new addons.
- Real-time in-app messaging with live profiles to acquire new customers.
- One inbox for your team to collaborate and help customers and visitors.
- Auto Trigger messages based on customer activities and guide them.
- Engage customers and optimize message delivery, eg. in-app, email, sms.
- Send in-app and offline surveys, polls and feedback forms.
- Keep conversations alive using offline notifications via email and push.
- Obtain deeper insights into customer behavior and send targeted messages to re-market and re-engage.
- Create segments that update dynamically every time a customer becomes a qualified lead and/or buyer.